8 Jul 2012

The Simple Things In Life


When we were young - life was simple.  The older we get the more we make life complicated for ourselves.  Here are a few simple things that make me happy.
Pinned Image
via pinterest
Reminiscing about old times with your closest friend

Everything we possess that is not necessary for life or happiness becomes a burden, and scarcely a day passes that we do not add to it (Robert Brault)


Pinned Image
via pinterest
 Having a good laugh

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone.  The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of the non-essentials (Lin Yutang)
Pinned Image
via pinterest
Receiving an unexpected compliment

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need (Vernon Howard)

Pinned Image
via pinterest
People watching

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.” (Susan Polis Schutz)




Pinned Image
via pinterest
Having a good hair day.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Pinned Image
via pinterest
Occasionally indulging in your favourite food

This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.

Pinned Image
via pinterest
Getting lost in a good book

One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.

Pinned Image
via pinterest
Daydreaming

It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. .

8 comments:

  1. A wonderful post! I strive to live a simpler life nowadays, especially with the help of tea, cake and a good book. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a lovely post, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Tea, cake and a good book are things I enjoy and find comforting as I do being with dear old friends. I also feel so much better when it is a 'good hair day' Reading this I've realised that I don't daydream as much as I used to when I was young or laugh as much either - I must try to do both again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I've got five minutes to spare I usually pick up a book - but sometimes I just like to sit and let my mind wander and it is amazing where it wanders to. I often get my best ideas for my blog from a bit of daydreaming. As for laughing - well that is a rare thing - I often chuckle but rarely a belly laugh. The last time I can remember was two Christmasses ago when 'the beloved' did a ventriloquist act with a friend. Two years ago! - that is a sad admission to make.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to contradict you -life was anything but simple when I was young. However as I get older I am certainly trying to address that.

    Lovely thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you - life is so much better when it is uncomplicated.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.